ICT College: P.O. BOX 3612-01002, Thika
Tel: 020 2022694
Office Mob: 0702404322, 0732404322
The school of community development offers the following courses:
These course is designed to equip trainees with knowledge and attitude of an efficient social worker. Since Community Development is a multi-discipline course that entails all areas of development, the school offers the most crucial subjects that will equip the learner to work as professionals in the field upon completion of their course.
Community Development is an educational approach that equips the learner with knowledge which will help them to work effectively. We aim at providing a generic qualification in Community Development which focuses on theory and practice of community development, working with groups, community analysis and profiles as well as providing elective modules which allow students to participate in more specialized modules of study.
The course aims to increase and maximize the participation of voluntary, community and statutory organization in the local development process.The realization that community based development is a core aspect of socio-economic progress stimulated International Centre of Technology to offer Certificate, Diploma 1 and Diploma 2 programmes in Community Development and Social Work.
To equip participants with skills and knowledge that will enable them to engage in an effective way in community development.
To give participants a positive educational experience that will contribute to their life choices options and motivate them towards further learning.
Courses offered & the modules covered include:
Diploma in Community Development
- Minimum Requirements: D+ for Certificate and C for Diploma
- DURATION: 6 months Certificate and 1 1 / 2 years Diploma
- EXAMINATION BODY: ABMA, ICDK
- Community Development
- Gender issues
- Social Work and Community Welfare
- Human Growth and Development
- Research Methodology
- Community Health
- Project Management and Logistics
- Community Empowerment
- Crisis Management
Other modules include:
- Introduction to Counseling
- Introduction to Social Psychology
- Home Base Care and Nutrition
- Development Economics
- Upon completion one can work in all areas that require social services
- Municipal/County Councils
- Community Based Projects-CBOs
- Self help groups
- Faith / Church based organizations- FBOs
- Charitable organizations i.e. Red Cross
- Non Government Organization ( NGOs )
- Gender related programs
- Health programs
- Governmental sectors
- Co-curricular Activities
- Environment cleaning
- Visiting the vulnerable people.
- Voluntary services